When is a test recommended?
A COVID-19 Test is recommended for individuals who:
- Have symptoms consistent with the corona virus
- Have had contact with a person who tested positive
- Received a message from the SwissCovid App.
- Need a negative test result for their employer or for a trip abroad.
Which test is right for me?
If you meet one of the criteria above, a doctor at our Test Center will assess your medical history and will recommend either the Rapid Antigen Test or a PCR Test.
If you do not know whether you need a test or if you have any other medical questions, please contact the Federal Office of Public Health Infoline (058 463 00 00).
Coverage of Costs
If you meet one of the following criteria, the Federal Office of Public Health will cover the costs of your COVID-19 Test:
- You have symptoms consistent with the Coronavirus.
- You received a notification from the SwissCovid App that you’ve been in contact with an infected person.
- The cantonal office or a doctor ordered you to have a test because you are in quarantine following close contact with an infected person.
If you wish to take a test for other reasons, you will be directly invoiced for the cost of the test (CHF 200 per test).
When will I get the result?
For the PCR Test: You will usually receive the result within 24 hours (max 48 hours).
For the Rapid Antigen Test: You will receive the result by e-mail usually within 30 minutes (max 2 hours).
If you test positive for the Coronavirus, we will provide you with a doctor’s note signing you off from work for the duration of your isolation period.
What Do I Need to Bring With Me?
Even if the Federal Office of Public Health will cover the cost of your test, you must bring your Health insurance card or information about your health insurance (insurance number, card number) with you to your appointment. Without this information, you will have to pay for the test yourself.